Verifying ownership of your domain in Facebook Business Manager
Domain Verification provides a way for you to 'claim' ownership of your domain in Facebook Business Manager. This is important to protect your content on Facebook and to gain access to features related to your domain and tracking.
The integrity of content on Facebook is a serious concern, and domain verification is a step towards ensuring that only verified owners can edit the way their content appears on Facebook. Many publishing apps use link editing to customize and create engaging content for the Facebook community. In an effort to preserve this essential functionality in a way that protects the integrity of publishers' content, verified link owners will now have the ability to overwrite link metadata when creating link page posts.
Below are the steps in verifying ownership of your domain in Facebook Business Manager.
Add your domain to Business Manager
Go to your Facebook Business Manager dashboard and click on the account you want to work on.
Click on “Business Settings”
3. Under “Brand Safety”, click “Domains”
4. If this is your first time verifying a domain for this Business Manager account, you’ll need to add the domain.
5. Write your domain URL and click “Add Domain”
6. You’ll be presented with 3 options to verify your domain. In this SOP, we’ll DNS verification
On Business Manager, select DNS Verification as the method to verify your domain
2. Copy the TXT verification record provided by Facebook
3. Go to your domain registrar dashboard or admin panel.
4. Go to your DNS records section. In some registrars, this is under a “Domains” or “Manage domains” menu or link.
5. Create a new custom record (this will look slightly different depending on your registrar, but these are the general steps)
Leave the “Name” field blank
Select a TXT record “Type”
Leave the default “TTL” value
Under “Value” paste the record you copied from Facebook Ads
6. Once you’ve added your record, go back to Business Manager and click “Verify”
Note: DNS records can take up to 48-72 hours to propagate. Don’t worry if Facebook can’t verify your domain right away. Come back a day later and try hitting the “Verify” button again.
7. After the DNS changes have propagated, you’ll receive a confirmation after clicking “Verify”
Associate your Facebook Page to the verified domain
Refresh the page after verifying your domain and click on “Connected Assets”
2. Click on “Add Assets”
3. Select the appropriate Facebook Page and click “Add”
If you need assistance in verifying the ownership of your domain in Facebook Business Manager, send us a message and we are more than willing to help.
DigitalxMarketing provides Digital Strategy, Digital Services, Training and Education to Business Owners, Executives and Marketers. As a DigitalMarketer Partner, we provide the World's leading digital marketing training and up-to-date tools & resources.